Created by Karen Constable, the principal of Food Fraud Advisors, which provides consultancy services and downloadable tools to help the food industry combat fraudulent adulteration, substitution and misrepresentation of food, beverages, nutritional supplements, sports supplements, ingredients and animal feed.
Karen is an accredited trainer with an honours degree in Food Science from the University of New South Wales, Australia’s most prestigious applied science university and over twenty years’ experience in food manufacturing, quality assurance, food product development and food safety. Karen is a professional member of AIFST (Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology) and IAFP (The International Association of Food Protection).
Here’s what our students are saying:
“I benefited greatly from the information in this course and am very thankful. The information is so well presented and organized.” Wendy V. Larson, General Manager, Big Tree Organic Farms, CA
“I really enjoyed the course and learned a lot from it. Thank you, Karen.” Thomas, QA Manager, Blackberry Patch.
“Hello, Karen. Thank you so much for putting together such a wonderful and most useful training program! I will recommend your training to others in my food safety network. I will also incorporate the useful points that you mentioned below in our program.” Angie, Produce Packaging Inc.
- Module 1 Introduction and Overview (4 videos, 1 ebook)
- Module 2 Recent incidents and commonly affected foods (1 video, 1 ebook)
- Module 3 Introduction to Food Fraud Prevention Programs (3 videos, 1 ebook)
- Module 4 Vulnerability Assessments – How To (2 videos, including a 37 minute worked example, 1 ebook)
- Module 5 Food Fraud Mitigation Plans (1 video)
- Module 6 Other Elements of a Food Fraud Prevention Program (2 videos, 1 ebook)
- Templates: Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment, Food Fraud Mitigation Plan, Food Fraud Prevention Procedure, Food Fraud Team Job Descriptions, Raw Material Specification template
- Vulnerability assessment document – worked example
- Audit preparation checklist
- Certificate of Competency (upon successful exam submission)
Expected time to complete: 4 hours