Safe Food Training Hub™
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Welcome to our website. These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to your use of the Safe Food Training Hub™ website (“Site”) owned and operated by Global Food Safety Resource Centre Inc. (“GFSR”).
The Safe Food Training Hub (“SFTH”) is the world’s first and only global catalogue of industry-vetted food safety training courses available for purchase through its e-commerce platform. SFTH operates as an on-line resource that aggregates and curates quality food safety-related training courses offered by universities, private training providers, NGOs and associations.
Your Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Use
By using this Site, you agree that you have read and understood these terms and conditions of use (“Terms”) and agree to be bound by these Terms, and to comply with all laws and regulations governing use of this Site. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use this Site.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Site and to these terms at any time. Any change will be prospective only, unless retroactive effect is legally required. Your continued use of this Site will mean your acceptance of any new or changed terms. We reserve the right to deny, in our sole discretion, any user access to the Site on the Site without notice.
Your Account, Password and Security
If you open an Account with us to purchase a course or courses (or conduct other activity using our Site), please complete the registration with full and accurate information. You will be asked to choose a password and a user name and provide payment information. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your Account information and for all activities under your Account. You will notify us immediately of any unauthorized use or theft of your Account.
We will not be liable for any loss you may incur as a result of someone else using your Account. You will be liable for losses incurred by us due to someone else using your Account. You may not use anyone else’s Account at any time. Your Account is personal to you and you may not transfer or make your Account available for others. Any distribution by you of your Account may result in its cancellation.
Fees Charged by Third Party Sites
We may provide links to other websites, some of which may charge fees. Any charges you incur in your dealings with these third parties are your responsibility.
By “Content,” we mean the software, courses, communications, images, sounds, and all the Content and information made available from the Site, whether owned and provided by us or our course providers, contributors, sponsors or advertisers.
You acknowledge and agree that we may use built-in tracking features to obtain information about your use of the Site and you agree that this information is deemed Content. We reserve the right to disclose any Content to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
We hereby grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-assignable, limited license to operate and display, for noncommercial and personal use only, one copy of any Content that you are expressly authorized to download from this Site, (collectively the “Downloaded Content”); provided you maintain all copyright and other proprietary notices in or associated with the Downloaded Content. The Downloaded Content is provided on an “AS IS” basis without warranty of any kind and is subject to the disclaimers and limitations of liability below.
You acknowledge and agree that you may not sublicense, assign or otherwise transfer this license. You may not modify, alter or create any derivative works of any Downloaded Content. We reserve the right to revoke this limited use license at any time, without notice, for any reason, and in our sole discretion.
You may not attribute or suggest any endorsement or approval of your use of the Downloaded Content by us in any manner. You may not use Downloaded Content on any Site that features defamatory, pornographic, or inflammatory content.
Restrictions and Conditions of Use
You will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited in these Terms. You may not use the Site in any manner that could damage or impair any GFSR server, or the network(s) connected to any GFSR server, third party servers or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of our Site. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any GFSR server or third-party server through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any Content or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site.
Statements made in courses reflect only the views of their authors and presenters. We specifically disclaim any liability about these presentations and any actions resulting from your participation therein.
You acknowledge and agree that your communications with other users via the courses are public and not private communications and you have no expectation of privacy concerning your use of the courses. You acknowledge that your User ID and any Personal Information you decide to communicate to other course participants may be seen and used by others and result in unsolicited communications. We are not responsible for information that you choose to communicate to other students, users or other third parties via the courses or for the actions or statements of other students, authors, presenters, users or other third parties.
Code of Conduct
You agree that you may not access or use the Site in order to:
1. Conduct or send surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk e-mail, spam or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
2. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
3. Publish, post, upload, transmit, distribute or disseminate Content that is harmful, abusive, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, libelous, obscene, infringing, embarrassing, unwanted, invasive of another’s right of privacy or publicity, hateful or racially, ethnically or, in a reasonable person’s view, otherwise offensive or objectionable.
4. Use, upload, transmit, distribute or otherwise make available any Content, including images or photographs, in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other right of any party (including rights of privacy or publicity).
5. Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files or data, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Site or other users’ computer.
6. Except as expressly authorized by GFSR, advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any purpose.
7. Falsify, delete or disable any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other Content.
8. Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site or the courses. For example, disrupting the course with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly, inputting excessively large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive SHOUTING (all caps) in an attempt to disturb other users, “spamming,” or flooding (continuous posting repetitive text), are prohibited.
10. Harvest (in an automated manner or otherwise) or otherwise collect personal information about others, including e-mail addresses, or use such information to send unsolicited e-mails.
11. Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable laws or regulations, or promote or encourage any illegal activity including, without limitation, hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software, or cheats or hacks for the Site or the Software.
12. Impersonate or create a false identity (such as a celebrity or GFSR representative) to mislead others, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
13. Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of our members or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
14. Attempt to get a password, other Account information, or other private information from a member or any other user of our Site.
15. Improperly use support or complaint buttons or make false reports to GFSR administrators.
16. Use, develop or distribute “auto” software programs, “macro” software programs or other “cheat utility” software program or applications in violation of the applicable license agreements.
17. Use the Site in any manner other than for personal communication as an individual user.
18. Use the Site to resell or make any commercial use of the Site or otherwise commercially exploit the same, without our prior express written consent.
19. Conduct fraudulent transactions or other commercial transactions prohibited by these Terms or applicable license agreement or in any manner that is harmful or disruptive to GFSR, SFTH, the Site, our licensees, course providers, contributors, sponsors, advertisers, members or other users.
The Site, including, without limitation, all Software and Downloaded Content, contains copyrighted Content, trademarks and other proprietary information (including, without limitation, images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and applets incorporated into the Software and character data). The entire contents of the Site and each area contained therein are copyright protected as a collective work under the United States and other countries’ copyright laws. GFSR (or its licensor(s)) owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content. You acknowledge that GFSR or third-party licensors remain the owners of all right, title, and interest, including copyrights and other intellectual property rights, in and to all Content posted on the Site and derivative works thereof, and that you do not acquire any of those ownership rights by downloading or otherwise accessing such Content.
We respect the intellectual property of others and expect users of the Site to do the same. Pursuant to 17 United States Code 512(c)(2) (Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998), if you believe that any use of the Site or Content constitutes copyright infringement, please send a notice to GFSR at our address below. The notice must contain the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; (b) description of the copyrighted work(s) that is/are allegedly being infringed; (c) the location of the allegedly infringed work(s); (d) your current contact information (e.g. address, phone number, and e-mail address); (e) a statement that you have a “good faith belief” that the use of the complained-of copyrighted work(s) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement by you signed under penalty of perjury that all the information you provide in the notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Termination of Account
We have the right to terminate or suspend, and you have the right to cancel, your Account(s) at any time. You understand and agree that, except as expressly provided by law, the cancellation of your Account is your sole right and remedy with respect to any dispute with us. This includes, but is not limited to, any dispute related to, or arising out of: (1) these Terms or our enforcement or application of these Terms; (2) the Content available through the Site or any change in such Content; or (3) your ability to access or use the Content. You can cancel your Account(s) at any time by following the procedures made available on our Site or in our digital communications to account holders.
Warranties, Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations of Liability
We warrant the Site, Software, and Content on an “AS-IS” and “AS-AVAILABLE” basis for your use, without express or implied warranties or conditions of any kind.
We warrant that we provide the Site on a commercially reasonable basis. We do not warrant that you will be able to access or use the Site at all times or locations of your choosing, or that we will have adequate capacity for the Site as a whole or in any specific geographic area at all times or any time. We do not warrant any connection to, transmission over, or results or use of, any network connection or facilities provided or failed to be provided through the Site. You are responsible for assessing your own computer and transmission network needs, and the results to be obtained there from.
We do not warrant the food safety, scientific or educational accuracy or completeness of the information presented or found on the Site, Content or Links to the Site. Reliance on the Content or any other information provided by GFSR or any of its employees, agents, course providers, contributors, sponsors, advertisers or others providing Content on the Site is solely at your own risk.
WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU FROM DELAYS, ERRORS, SYSTEM DOWN TIME OR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS CAUSED BY US OR BY YOUR OR ANY OTHER USER’S ERRORS OR OMISSIONS.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACT OR FAILURE TO ACT REGARDING CONDUCT, COMMUNICATION OR CONTENT OR USE OF THE SITE OR SOFTWARE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH US IS TO STOP USING THE SITE, AND TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT(S). WE DO NOT ENDORSE, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ANY THIRDPARTY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE AND WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL GFSR/SFTH BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA OR USE, PRODUCT LIABILITY, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIEGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER GFSR OR AN AUTHORIZED GFSR REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Links to Third Party Sites
THE LINKED SITES ARE NOT UNDER OUR CONTROL AND MAY COLLECT DATA OR SOLICIT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CONTENT, BUSINESS PRACTICES OR PRIVACY POLICIES, OR FOR THE COLLECTION, USE OR DISCLOSURE OF ANY INFORMATION THOSE SITES MAY COLLECT. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FORM OF TRANSMISSION RECEIVED FROM ANY LINKED SITE. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH REGARD TO THIRD PARTY SITES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, SOFTWARE OR CONTENT PROVIDED ON SUCH SITES.
All notices given by you or required under these Terms shall be in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may give notice to you by means of a general notice on the Site, electronic mail to your e-mail address on record in our Account information, or by written communication sent by first class mail, postage prepaid, or overnight courier to your address on record in our Account information.
The parties hereto have requested that these Terms and all correspondence and all documentation relating to these Terms be written in the English language.
Any claim relating to this Site or your use of it is governed by and interpreted under the laws of the Province of Ontario, without reference to its conflict of laws principles. Any dispute relating to this Site or your use of it will be brought in, and you hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue, in the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
All GFSR content, design and layout of the Site: Copyright © 2018 Global Food Safety Resource Centre, Inc. All rights reserved.
2006 Queen Street East, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4L 1J3.
USE OF THE SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS.
Updated April 10, 2018